Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE), deals with the problems, opportunities and needs of electrical, electronics, computer, telecommunication systems and related industries. This programme uses the concept of Science, Technology, and Problem-solving skills to design, construct, and maintain products, services, and information systems. This programme prepares students for careers as Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering Specialist, Chief Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, Software Engineer, Development Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Research Engineer, Systems Design Engineer, Field Engineer, Test Engineer and Sales Engineer etc. Electrical Engineering serve as a starting point for the careers in many other diversified fields, ranging from Instrumentation Engineering, Energy Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering Biomedical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering.
This branch provides students with a wide range of fundamental knowledge in core disciplines such as electrical equipments, electronic devices, communications, control systems, signal processing, micro-processors, micro-electronics, power generation and electrical machines. The discipline focuses on design and manufacture of electrical, electronic devices, computers and their parts, as well as on the integration of components into complex systems.
Electrical and Electronics Engineer’s job responsibilities include specification, design, development, and implementation of products or systems, as well as research to create new ideas. This role provides a number of challenges ranging from problem identification and the selection of appropriate technical solutions, materials, test equipment and procedures to manufacture and production of safe, economical, high-performance products and services. An electrical engineer may choose to couple the technical aspects of a position with management responsibilities. The latest technical expertise required for management is increasing because of the explosion of knowledge in engineering, technology, and science. Since the problem-solving skills acquired in an electrical engineering programme provide an extraordinarily valuable asset and it will equip them to assume leadership roles in their community and in professional circles outside the workplace.
Electrical & Electronics Engineers can work in wide range of fields in any of the following categories
- In Government / Power sectors for installation, operation and maintenance of electrical equipment’s and systems in Electricity Boards of all the states, Power Grid Coorporation, Power generation corporations like, NTPC, NHPC and Charted Engineers etc
- In PSU`s like Railways, Airport Authorities of India, ONGC and Petroleum Corporations, Banking Sector etc.
- In Core Sectors like Construction & Steel, Tata steel, Mahindra, Tata Motors, Electro Steel, JSW Steel, IT Industry, Consultancy/Finance Job, etc.
- In Electronics industries for Electronics system Design in Free Scale Semiconductors, National Instruments, Texas Instruments, etc.
- In private sectors as Business Development Associates, Content Development Manager, Consultant etc.
- IT industries / Consultancy / Financial / Investment Role etc.
- It also provide the opportunities and eligibility to write UPSC – IES (Indian Engineering Services)
The department offers the following courses
|4 Year Under graduate Programme||B.E – Electrical and Electronics Engineering||60 Intake|
|PMKVY||Skill Development Program in Solar Panel Installation||450 Hours|
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering started in the year 2010
Department of EEE have young, dynamic and qualified team of faculty and staff members and equipped with state of art facility in all the laboratories. The department continuously growing in terms of academic, placements, co curricular and extra curricular activities, projects and consultancy activities. Many of the students involve in developing the solutions for real time industrial problems and participate in national level and international level competitions and brought laurel to the department.