CIT – KUKA Industrial Robotics Training Center
This collaborative effort of CIT-CHENNAI & KUKA has the main objective to encourage young professionals to take up this cross disciplinary field as a career of their choice and acquaint them with latest technological developments in the field of Industrial Robotics. The centre aims to train young engineering graduates and diploma students of all engineering disciplines up to the Industry expectations and foster research in applied robotics field.
The center is equipped with standard training cell comprising of KUKA KR-16 Industrial Robot with required auxiliary equipment. This training cell is capable of performing multitude of operations used for welding, painting, gluing and other essential industrial operations used by the automobile, food & beverages, packaging and other manufacturing/Production industries. In addition to this, a robotics computer simulation lab is also being established with latest industrial robotics simulation Software like SimPro & SimLayout, used to design, develop and simulate robotic operations for different manufacturing establishments.
The center will conduct following training programs for Engineering students of all disciplines starting from their 2nd year of education at various listed levels:
- Robot Programming Basic Level: Training on basic concepts of robot programming, operation of robot system in general
- Robot Programming Advance Level: Training on Motion programming and programming methodology of robot system
- Robot Programming Expert Level: Training on robotic project execution and interrupt programming etc.
- After the successful completion of the training the students will get opportunity to do their internships in major engineering industries thereby ensuring the students to meet the expected skill requirement of the industry.
Centers of Excellence
- CIT – RANE NSK Center of Excellence for Applied Research
- CIT – Atalon Engine Research Center
- IIT Bombay Remote Center
- CIT – COE for 3D Printing and Reverse Engineering
- CIT – KYUTECH – WABCO COE for IoT
- CIT – CISCO Networking Academy
- MHRD Institution’s Innovation Council
- CIT – COE for NC Technologies
- CIT – T&VS COE for VLSI Design
- CIT – COE for Industrial Automation
- CIT – Accurate COE for Metrology
- CIT – KUKA Industrial Robotics Training Center
- CIT – HARITA Composite Research Center in Mechanical Engineering
- CIT – PMKVY Skill Development Center
- CIT – PEGA University Academic Program
- CIT – Trimble Buildings Education COE
- CIT – COE for New Energy (Solar & Wind)